Below are some frequently asked questions about your experience here at the Lash Spot.
Prior to your appointment:
Please remove all eye makeup prior to your appointment with an oil-free makeup remover. This will maximize your application time and minimize time spent cleaning your lashes. Please come to your appointment with clean lashes (no mascara). You may wear your contact lenses during application. Please have an idea of the look you want to achieve; feel free to bring in a picture.
After your appointment
You will need to avoid water on your new lashes for at least 24 hours after application to allow the glue to set in. After that, you may get them wet. Please note: the less water you allow on them, the longer they will last.
Preparing for your New Lashes
* Clean your lashes gently and thoroughly to remove residual oils and mascara.
* Airbrush tanning is recommended 3 days after lash application.
*Please wear goggles when spray tanning. Spray tanning solution contains ingredients that can break down the adhesive causing the lashes to shed.
* Keep in mind you will need to avoid water on or near your new lashes for at least 24 hours after application.
Caring for your New Lashes
The first 24 hours after application is crucial for a strong bond. Please keep them dry and avoid touching them for the first 24 hours. To extend and maintain your new new lashes, please follow these guidelines:
* Be gentle with your lashes; do not pull on the or rub excessively
* For the first 48 hours avoid steam and swimming. After 48 hours is is safe to be around steam and swim.
* Avoid oil-based products on or around your new lashes. Do not use waterproof mascara; water-based mascara may be used sparingly. Or you may purchase Xtreme Lashes Length and Volume Mascara
* Xtreme Lashes Lash Protective Coating is recommended every few days to preserve adn extend the life of your new lashes.
* Xtreme Lashes Eye Makeup Remover and Cleanser is recommended to remove makeup and cleanse around the eyes.
NOTE: Xtreme Lashes products are not required, but recommended to maintain the look. The Lash Spot carries Xtreme Lashes full line of lash and skin care products.